INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SECTOR
This is a new sector that has started operations this financial year (2017 / 2018).The sector is headed run by the Information Technology Officer.
- To conduct routine configuration and installation of IT solutions / systems
- Planning and undertaking scheduled maintenance and upgrades.
- Setting up user accounts for staff, ensuring that they know how to log in and solving password problems.
- Act as consultant or adviser for computer problems beyond the knowledge of technical support staff.
- Repairing and replacing parts.
- Maintain and update the inventory of ICT equipment and related materials in custody.
- Ensure adherence to safety standards by IT system users and other staff or service providers under their supervision.
- Provide end user support for desktop and server based applications.
- Supervising outsourced IT related works at the district.
- Troubleshoot, investigate and solve computer software and hardware
- Any other duties as it may be assigned by the immediate supervisor from time to time.